Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Devotional: Mother's Talk


This true story is for use in the Devotional group. It is especially encouraging and supportive to parents of Sunday School children.

The girl who worried.

Two mothers were talking together and one said, “What can I do about my girl? She never smiles!
She worries and worries because she thinks she isn’t pretty.
She imagines people don’t like her.
But she’d look prettier if she smiled … and the worst thing is, she doesn’t seem to like anybody, not even me.
She thinks I don’t love her.
But that’s not right. What can I do?”

The friend suggested, “Pray like me.
I have a picture in my mind of my girl being loving and happy and enjoying life as God wants her to.
I say ‘In the name of Jesus Christ, this is the way it shall be.”’


A month later – the mothers were talking again.

The first smiled widely and said, “It worked! I’ve never seen anything like it in my life.

The other morning Susie came to my bedside and smiled, and said,

‘Good morning, Mother’ and kissed me.
She’s been a different child ever since! She’s happy and she’s much prettier!’”


The experiment had worked! You can try it too

Learn more in the Kids Pages. Download God's spirit: The Oil That Never Ran Out for free.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home