Friday, November 13, 2009

Devotions:God’s Word Directs

God’s word within us is a guiding and teaching medium that is ever
reminding us and prompting us with God’s direction.

It happened for me when I was planning to move from Sydney to Newcastle as a single parent with the care of six children.
Discussing the move with my father-in-law, I said, “You must visit us when we move.” and he replied, “I will.”

Pleased, I commented, “You can live with us if you like.” and Pa immediately
responded, “I would like.”

Well, then arose the problem of buying a house for eight people with my limited finances.
It seemed too difficult so I planned to explain to Pa.
I knew he would understand
However, I kept recalling the scripture, He who puts his hand to the plough and turns back is not fit for the kingdom of God.
I knew God wanted me to share with Pa the house that I could afford.
So I announced my plan. We would do it; in spite of the squeeze.

Then…..Pa also made a decision.
He decided to sell his Sydney home and help with extending the new home.
And so he did.
By this, we were together and greatly blessed.

But first I had to heed God’s word and act on it.

Share this story with your Bible Study, Devotions and Sunday School group.

Learn more in the Prayer Pages. Download The Big Picture: The Word Grows for free.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home