Friday, November 20, 2009

Devotions: God's Provision

Bill works afternoon shift at the Munmorah mine. He says, “I had forgotten the time, talking about the bible with Christian friends and found I was very late for work. No time now for lunch and not even time to buy anything. I’m
notoriously late.
I have asked God’s help before but this was even worse. Embarrassed, I asked God to somehow provide for me again because I would have nothing to eat from breakfast until 11.20 pm

The journey to work was five minutes less than is normally possible and miraculously I was just in time to catch my ride underground.
I was saved by God! Lateness corrected. But by seven o’clock I was starving.
I felt the Lord was prompting me to speak to my work mate. He said ‘Sure come and eat.’ Mick had 4 pies, 6 slices of bread, salami and salad - then cake. Plenty for two and food left over. Like the loaves and fishes. God had done it again!”

Share this with your students in Sunday School, Devotions and Bible Study.

Learn more in the Prayer Pages. Download The Big Picture: The Word Grows for free.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home